Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Google, Friend or Enemy?


In reading this article there were a lot of things that were brought to my attention that I have never really thought about. First is the fact that anybody, local or world wide can simply enter in my name on google and do a search about me. They can find out my history concerning my life, my schooling and just about anything. There were two ideas brought up about how to control this situation. According to the article it states, "Two solutions are simple to describe, but not likely to happen. First, search engines could voluntarily--or be required by law to--delete search histories after a few months unless the customer objects. Second, federal law could be amended to make it clear that search engines, which serve as a window to the Internet, are fully protected." Each of these solutions seem to be good and no matter which one they choose it is going to take time. Google is good for a lot of things. Examples are, doing research for school, online banking, businesses use them frequently and the most important one, it keeps the world connected. All of these things are good if done in the right way.

This article is very interesting and if you want to read it it is found at the following website: